Okey-doke. Now, here are some the events and activities taking place in November around SBC.
Friday evenings: Bingo, Sacred Heart Church, Hollister. It starts 6:30 p.m. at the O'Reilly Hall (670 College Street). You must be 18 years old to play.
- Bike Ride with Off the Chain Bikes, 8 a.m.
- Book Sale, sponsored by Friends of the Library, from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m., behind the San Benito County Free Library, 5th and West Streets. $2 per bag.
November 5: Open Mic Night, San Benito County Free Library, 6:30 to 8:30 p.m., according to the Hollister Macaroni Kid Web page. For up-to-date info, check out the Open Mic Nights Web page.
November 6: Living History Day, San Juan Bautista State Historic Park, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
November 12: Pedro Card Party, San Juan Bautista. Sponsored by the Native Daughters of the Golden West, it will be held at 203 Fourth Street from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Beginners are welcome.
November 13: San Juan Bautista Gallery Walk, San Juan Bautista, 1 p.m. to 7 p.m.
November 2: Election Day!!!!!! 7 a.m to 8 p.m. For elections info, go to the County of San Benito Clerk, Auditor, and Recorder: Registrar of Voters Web site. For election results, click here.
November 5: 4th Annual Dinner-Dance Fundraiser, Hazel Hawkins Hospital Foundation, San Juan Oaks Golf and Country Club, 6:30 p.m.
November 5 and 6: How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying, San Benito Stage Company, at the Granada Theater, Hollister. 7 p.m. Check out "Teens in Stage Company Production Learn 'How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying' This Fall," by Melissa Flores, at The Weekend Pinnacle Online.
November 5, 6, and 7: Dia de Los Muertos, El Teatro Campesino, San Juan Bautista.
- November 5: The Danza Azteca troupe Calpulli Itzpapalotl will perform a traditional blessing and dance in honor of the departed.
- November 6, 7 p.m.): A community processional through the streets of San Juan Bautista featuring performances by La Banda Calavera and ETC’s own Teatro Eskeleto.
- Barn Sale, hosted by the San Benito County Historical Society, at the San Benito County Historical and Recreation Park, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Women's Annual Harvest Bazaar, United Methodist Church in the Fellowship Hall at Monterey and Fifth Streets, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Sneak Preview, Hazel Hawkins Hospital Emergency Room, 911 Sunset Drive, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Craft Boutique, a fundraiser for the Rancho/Maze Band, at Rancho San Justo Gym, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Historias de Mi Madre IV (Histories of My Mother), Gavilan College Theater, 5055 Santa Teresa Boulevard, Gilroy. 6 p.m. $10 donation suggested. This play is hosted by the Community Solutions, a nonprofit group that provides prevention, intervention, treatment, and residential services to San Benito County, South Santa Clara County, and South San Jose.
- LULAC breakfast at San Benito High School cafeteria, 7 a.m.
- Veterans Benefits Fair, Veterans Memorial Building, 10 a.m.
- Veterans Day Ceremony, Veterans Memorial Building, 11:11 .m.
- BBQ, sponsored by Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 9242, noon
- Parade, Downtown Hollister. 1:30 p.m.
- Christmas Boutique, Sunnyslope Christian Center, 1520 Sunnyslope Road, Hollister, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- November 13, Toy Drive for Jacob's Heart, Betabel Station Outdoor Market, 9644 Betabel Road, San Juan Bautista , 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. For info about the market, go to its Web site or its Facebook page.
- Benefit Dinner, sponsored by the Sacred Heart Foundation. For details about the event, go to the Hollister Macaroni Kid Web page.
November 20: Holiday Boutique, Cerra Vista School, 2151 Cerra Vista Street, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Details about the concert can be found at the Hollister Macaroni Kid Web page.
November 26 to December 19: La Virgen del Tepeyac, El Teatro Campesino, San Juan Bautista.
November 26: Black Friday! Click here to go to the Hollister Downtown Association Web site for a list of local shops and restaurants.
November 27: 20th Annual Lights on Celebration and Parade, Downtown Hollister, 5 to 8:30 p.m.