Wednesday, August 24, 2016
Tomorrow, August 25, 2016, is the 100th Anniversary of the National Park Service. Happy Anniversary, NPS!
To celebrate its centennial, NPS is offering free admission to its parks for four days, from August 25 to August 28. That includes our own Pinnacles National Park. Whooo-hooo! Enjoy!
Friday, August 19, 2016
I spy with my little eye so many possibilities of things to do in San Benito County.
Just today, the Husband and I headed over to San Benito Bene in Hollister to purchase our tickets for the Gourmet Roasted Chicken Dinner Take-Out Fundraiser on August 23, 2016, for the San Benito Olive Festival. Yummmm. We also bought our tickets for the Downtown Beer & Bacon Crawl on September 17, 2016. I saw on the tickets that the LTD Sedan & Limo Service is offering free rides that day. Trés cool!
What else? Well, how about. . .
- hiking the Juan Bautista de Anza National Historic Trail
- wandering around the Pinnacles National Park
- exploring the various San Benito County wineries
- discovering the history of San Juan Bautista
- entering flower arrangements, crafts, baked goods, photos, and a whole bunch of other things at the San Benito County Fair
- hanging out at the Hollister Farmers Market
- playing golf at the Pinnacle Hills Golf Course, Ridgemark Golf & Country Club, or San Juan Oaks
- jumping out of a plane with Skydive Hollister above Tres Pinos
- driving the back roads and stopping here and there to take photos of the gorgeous scenery
Friday, August 12, 2016
I spy with my little eye a sign for Happy Hour at Vertigo Coffee Roasters in San Juan Bautista!
Vertigo Coffee Roasters . . . craft beer by local breweries . . . wood-fired brick oven pizza . . . and Happy Hour! What's not to like with that combination, eh?
Friday, August 5, 2016
I spy with my little eye a classic single-engine airplane proudly on display at the Frazier Lake Airport in Hollister. Actually, I saw several sweet antique aircraft last month there.
Frazier Lake Airpark is a small, private airport several miles to the north of Downtown Hollister. It's located on Frazier Lake Road, off Shore Road.
On the first Saturday of the month (which is tomorrow, August 6, 2016), the airport has an exhibit of antique aircraft, such as the Cessna 180, Stearman, and Stinson, on its grounds. The display is free and open to the public from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
For for information about Frazier Lake Airpark, check out its website.
Friday, July 29, 2016
I spy with my little eye fantastic strips of pinks, yellows, browns, and whites on a eucalyptus tree next to the San Juan Bautista Library on Second Street.
Today I learned that the eucalyptus tree, the largest flowering plant, is a rainforest tree species. Poor tree must miss the coolness like us, humans.